Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Reason To Celebrate


As most of you know, Connor has been going to private speech therapy once a week for a little over a year. While I never thought that speech therapy was something that people did for years and years ( I'm starting to find out that it is), I am so pleased with his progress.

On Friday we had his annual IEP (individualized education program) for Connor at his school. He went 2 years through their preschool program and is almost done in the transitional kindergarten program.

They have given him lots and lots of tests leading up to the IEP to get a good idea where his comprehension, verbal and IQ levels were at. I was happy to see them re-classify Connor from developmentally delayed to a speech/language impairment. What this means is that he is at least hitting the average levels for his age academically. He has progressed so well this year, I am so proud of him. He even is in the above average range for 7 of the 15 categories they tested him in.

That is great news!! Needless to say, his weakness still is in speech, so the private lessons will continue.

3 comments:

Karen Roach said...

That's great! He has come so far with his speach. I love watching him progress!

Anonymous said...

That's such good news! Happy for little Connor!

Onwheels said...

It's wonderful that he is doing so well. He's such a cute little guy.