Thursday, May 20, 2010

Batter Up!

We signed the boys up for baseball this year. I was so excited to finally have the boys participate in sports. Little did I know that Randy would be working mandatory saturdays and the games would start shortly after I had the baby. Just imagine a double stroller that does not move well on grass, a 10 day old baby, 2 whining boys, 2 games spaced 2 hours from each other, wet grass to sit on and you can imagine how our first game went. Ugh!As you can see from the picture, Kyler decided he doesn't like t-ball. He pulled a stinker face from the beginning hasn't changed his mind since. He is always last to bat and when they send him out in the field he just lays on the ground. Enough torture already!! I think he is done after 2 games. We'll think about it again when he is a few years older.

Connor on the other hand really likes baseball.

He is really good at hitting the ball.
Running to home base.



At his first game, I thought it was so funny that he was telling everyone that the ball was his! He was ready to catch it. Too bad the girl next to him ran and got most of the balls. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing last year (except the new baby I had to chase a 2 year old around the basketball court). My 8 year old, Jacquie, loved shooting hoops with Daddy, so I signed her up for basketball. Turns out she just like time with Daddy. She hated basketball! She didn't like all the girls charging toward her. So she pretty much just stayed pretty close to center court the whole time. This year we're trying horse riding lessons.... A little less defense involved.

Anonymous said...

Yup wet grass chasing a 2 year old is not fun. This year we signed Val up for a SUPER SUMMER SPORTS program at Dimple Dell. I get to drop her off each Tues. and Thur. for 4 hours and Ryan picks her up after work. They do multiple sports for three weeks and I don't have to chase a two year old. It's going to be awesome.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Kudos for you taking a 10 day old baby to T-ball. It's too bad Kyler doesn't like. There's always next year or in the fall. But with Corbin being so little I'm sure Connor's games will be more then enough to handle. :)

Alyssa said...

I always laugh so hard when I read about your kids! Congratulations on finally naming Corbin. You are right! Baby Williams does sound silly for a future doctor or lawyer. If he wanted to be the face of sardines then it might have worked:)(note: this is a joke and it is in reference to baby Brent from "cloudy with a chance of meatballs")