Baby Williams was just a little to comfortable in mommy's belly, so we had to go get him induced on Tuesday. I was more than happy to finally be done. Each pregnancy seems like it gets harder and harder. Or maybe it's because I am getting older??

Ahh...finally got that epidural. It is the only time in the 9 months of pregnancy that I don't feel aches and pains. Bliss!!

Baby Williams was born at 2:33 pm on 4/27/2010. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 19 inches long. (A pound heavier than both the boys were.) He took a good breath and then held the next one. He was laying on my tummy at this point and I told the nurses. "He's not breathing."
It was like someone pushed some secret button. Nothing was said but all of a sudden there were respiratory therapists in the room. They took the baby and started working on him. One of the therapists warned Randy that he was going to start slapping the baby on the back. It made me wonder if he was afraid of being decked or something so he always warns the dads before doing it. I repeated the "not breathing" phrase a couple times and was finally relieved when they were able to get the crying started again.

My beautiful baby boy. They had pulled all kinds of gunk out of his belly and he was doing alot better.




Connor and Kyler were so excited to come to the hospital and see the new baby.



The second day at the hospital. It was around 7am and he had been acting a little like his stomach was hurting him. They stuck a tube down his stomach again and was able to get a little more of the gunk out.

Both of the boys were fascinated by him.

Kyler has surprised me and has not shown one sign of being jealous. He is so soft and gentle around him.


The last scary thing that happened was on Thursday morning. It was 3 am and he was in a cart next to my bed. He had been acting like his stomach was hurting him again. I looked over and he started to jerk back and forth. He wasn't breathing again and bubbles were coming out of his mouth. He had a look of panic on his face and I didn't know what to do. The nurses got there really fast and whisked him away to the nursery. We figure he must of spit up and sucked in back down into his throat. They put another tube into his stomach and got some more stuff out. It scared me to death knowing that we had almost left early the day before. Thank goodness we were at the hospital so they could get him breathing again quickly.
I had a sweet nurse who sat with me and talked with me. The same thing had happened to her daughter and she was upset that the hospital didn't want to take her back. lol! She was only kidding but it scared her to death having her child stop breathing. She actually said that 50% of the babies that go through the hospital stop breathing in the first day or two and most parents don't realize it. It is such a new thing for babies that sometimes they have a hard time getting it down. She said once the milk comes in and they get past the first meconium stage, they are usually ok. I am just glad to be there!

In the car seat, ready to go home.

My nicknames for him so far are "cuddle bug" and "rollie pollie".

Connor got ready for school extra fast so he could hold him.

Sweet baby.

Still no name. The names we had picked just don't seem to suit him. We have til tomorrow to call the name in. Otherwise we have to go to the health department to fix it on the birth certificate.
5 comments:
So much to comment on:
1st - CONGRATULATIONS on your third baby boy, he's addorable!!!
2nd - Your last pregnancy photo doesn't even look like you were ready to deliver, you're so tiny and cute pregnant!
3rd - How strange that two of your babies had so much gunk making it hard to breathe. It seems like you knew what signs to look for and I'm so glad they were able to use the tubes to clear everything out. I didn't know that was so common. Way to go super mom instincts!
4th - I love the matching pictures of Connor and Kyler holding baby brother in the chair (so precious)
5th - The photo of you in "bliss" with your epidural makes me LOL. Having gone thru a labor with and without I totally know what you mean by bliss!
6th - I tell you enough how happy I am for you and your family. You look so happy! The pictures of You and Randy holding your sweet "cuddle bug" says it all.
p.s. Ryan says to name him Randy Jr. then you can call him RJ :)
I think you should name him Jack Reeve Riley Dean Williams. I love stirring the pot. By the way, you can't name him Seven. I've already spoken for it!
Dave
I'd never heard of babies having stomach gunk cause breathing problems like that. That's scary. Randy had an episode in the hospital nursery. The doctor said they must have let him get cold when they were cleaning him up, as he turned bluish and his breathing got shallow and slow. He was all right after they got him warm again.
The baby is so precious and cute. Randy says he is a good baby and doesn't cry alot. We hope to see him before long.
Thanks Alysha, I love your profile picture. So cute!
The gunk was actually amniotic fluid. It was just easier for me to say gunk than to explain it. The stomach can't digest it so if there is any in the stomach when the baby is born, it has to be sucked out with the tube or spit up. They got most of it the first time, and then a little more the second and third time.
We are getting closer to the name. Who knew it would be so hard?! I know they grow into their name eventually, but sheesh, he doesn't seem to look like any name I've come up with so far.
Post a Comment