Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Connor Wisdom

It is so fun when kids start talking!!! Connor has been full of so much information lately. Here is some of the highlights...

The other day one of the neighbor kids was driving their kid jeep around and Connor wanted to have a ride so badly. He watched as two kids each got their turn and realized that he probably wouldn't be riding it. Connor walked up to us...

Connor: Mom, Let's go to the store and get Connor car.
Me: Oh, that is a little out of our price range. Those cars are expensive. They cost alot of money.
Randy: And besides, where would you park it. You can't park it in the garage, it's full of daddy's toys.(chuckles)
Connor: No funny Dad!!
--------------------------------------------------
We were at Home Depot the other day getting stuff for shelves. Randy was pulling a board onto a cart and I stepped up to help.
Connor: You can do it, Dad! (We put in on the cart) Great Job Dad! You did it! You have muscles!
Me: Mom helped. I have muscles too.
Connor: No, Dad has muscles. Mom has love.
( I guess he is right. Kind of a profound thing from a little kid.)
------------------------------------------------------
Connor decided he wanted to ride home in the truck with Randy. On the way home, Randy rolled his window down a little.
Connor: No dad. Roll up the window. That is danger. You might fall out on the road and a car will run you over and you will go under the tires. ( Randy said he went on to describe what would happen when you got hit. He gave him quite the lecture!)

I guess he was listening all of those times I tried to explain why he shouldn't run into the street and why cars were dangerous. (He's had a few close calls by not paying attention. I never thought he was listening that closely.)
-------------------------------------------------------
A little later. After they got home. Randy got the wood out of the truck and started the saw. Connor: I need to go! The saw is danger! (ran into the house)
--------------------------------------------------------
Connor was back talking Randy so Randy tried to put him in his place.
Randy: Connor, I'm the big dad. (big voice)You're the little connor. (in a little voice)
Connor: No, I'm the big Connor. (big voice) You're the little dad. (little voice)
It's been a joke with them ever since.

4 comments:

Christina W. Cook said...

Oh those are funny. My favorite is "mommy has love." That's a special kind of muscle Mom's have them the biggest. :)

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Those are cute and funny!
Great couponing! I'm on a coupon burnout lately. I'll have to pick it back up, just getting a little tired of clipping and organizing and searching and all that. Sounds like Albertsons is cheaper than Kroger. I still can't manage to spend less than 50$ per trip with coupons, but I also save between 30$ and 60$ each time. I guess I'm OK with that since it's about half what I was spending before I started couponing. Good luck!

Onwheels said...

Connor is quite a little character, isn't he? His ability to express himself might be a little slow in coming, but his mind is as sharp as can be.

barrellofmonkeys said...

Thanks for all the comments!
Lee'sa,
I know what you mean about burnout. All the clipping gets old. I switched over to the file method and will be trying it for a month. So far it is working well and saving my sanity. (I hate all the clipping mess!). Albertsons is cheaper (only when they do doublers). But it is no where as good as a store that doubles on a regular basis. I have to have a double coupon for every coupon I double and I am only allowed 3 double coupons per transaction. They also hide their double coupons to make it harder for couponers to use very many. I spend about $40 a week for groceries and tolietries but know that I could do better if double coupons were normal here. Still a great way to get food storage up!